For an average user, who hasn’t modified their Mi A2 in any manner, Method 1 (sideloading the OTA) is recommended. Since you have just flashed new firmware to your Xiaomi Mi A2 device, you may want to check if the firmware is correctly installed or not.
It depends on what you intend to do after installing a particular Custom ROM. If you’re someone who prefers stability over customizations, Pixel Experience and LineageOS are some of your options.
- Besides, you can also experience the AOSP or LineageOS additional features.
- That means we’re still a couple of months away from getting the stable Android 12 update.
- Stock Firmware doesn’t void a warranty on Your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Pixel Experience is the best custom ROM for Android right now and I can draw out three reasons for that.
Make sure that you download the firmware file according to the installation method you choose. Make sure that you fulfill all the requirements listed below before you head to the download links and instructions. Xiaomi’s Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite came with Android Oreo at the time of its launch and received the Android Pie update last year, which was followed by the Android 10 update earlier this year. Since then, the manufacturer has consistently been rolling out Android 10-based monthly security updates for both phones every month. On this page, you can find the official link to download Xiaomi Mi A2 Stock Firmware ROM (Flash File) on your computer. Firmware comes in a zip package containing Flash File, Flash Tool, USB Driver, and How-to Flash Manual. Interested users can head to the official Carbon ROM site to get their hands on the custom ROM on their devices.
- In that case, you can have a look on the following older custom ROMs based on older Android versions.
- After your device recognized by Odin tool and then select the extracted .tar.md5 firmware file from the check box like below.
- LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
- Following CyanogenMod’s discontinuation in 2016, LineageOS took center stage and has not looked back since.
- Our open-source apps are here to help you get through the day.
- Boots and runs well, essential features work stock firmware correctly.
I’ve scrolled though and it appears to be the most recent LineageOS ROM, but there is an older one as well that I’ll cover next. The official LineageOS 19 custom ROM based on Android 12 is available for the OnePlus 7 Pro. I’m not sure why but the newer versions of LineageOS aren’t very popular yet but this is a very impressive and official build. The different LineageOS versions are often posted by different developers. This one is published by an XDA Recognized Developer (LuK1337). There is an official LineageOS 19.1 custom ROM based on Android 12 for the OnePlus 7 Pro. Interestingly it is a new XDA forum member who is the one posting it first.
MIUI paired with Xiaomi’s flagship killer, the POCO F1, is not so great. The device is competent as it comes with the 2018 flagship processor, Snapdragon 845, but MIUI is the hurdle. So in order to have a lag-free, smooth experience, we recommend you flash a custom ROM on your Pocophone F1. Likewise, developers can take your Android smartphone’s stock firmware, modify it, add their stuff, and use it on their phones. The custom firmware is what Custom ROMs are, a modded version of the stock Android operating system. Just in a few weeks, you’ll get to experience the AOSP 11, LineageOS 18, as well as MIUI 12 based custom firmware. Hence, they exactly know what features a typical user would want, and they’re added.